Wednesday, February 25, 2009

A Happy Blog for Horse Folks

This blog, my Cowgirly Blog is likely to be full of random musings, thoughts, ideas, tips- whatever comes to mind.

But lately ol' Cowgirly has been thinking long and hard about blogs- there are some very opinionated, spiteful people out there in the horse world and I decided to add a breath of fresh air to blog-land by creating the Happy Horse Tails blog. I guess I just got tired of clicking around the Internet seeing nothing but complaints and unqualified opinions :P

So I made http://www.happyhorsetails.blogspot.com/ and it's pretty simple- positive, uplifting, amusing horse stories (poems, top 10 lists, etc also welcome) by the readers for the readers. Submitters can include name and location and their website, if they wish (heck, I am all for a shameless plug- how do you think I got here!) but the goal is to give horse people a place to read true stories, straight from the horse (owner)'s mouth. Not over-edited, and not judged.

Some ideas of what you'll see are:

  • stories of first horses
  • stories of horses and riders reunited
  • tales of horses and their owners reaching a goal
  • great stories written from the horse's perspective
  • stories of horses who are heroes
  • tales of first shows, parades, or wins
  • poems about horses or horse people
  • Tributes to a parent, trainer or other horsewoman (or man) who inspired you
  • Top 10 lists (from favorite supplies and items to pieces of advice!)

and stuff like that.

I invite you to submit to me at cowgirly@cowgirly.net and I will get them posted. A photo or two is welcome with your submittal, but not required. More submittal info is available on the blog at http://www.happyhorsetails.blogspot.com/ but it's pretty simple- write me with your story, I will clean up any typos or major grammatical errors and post if it it is
  • funny
  • courageous
  • pleasant
  • inspirational
  • interesting
  • amusing
  • positive
and does not badmouth or trash anyone or anything (no ripping on certain types of riders, disciplines, etc).

You can submit your favorite work by another author, just please ask permission and give me their name so I can credit them (I will still include 'submitted by' on there).

Thanks to those of you who have submitted already. I look forward to making Happy Horse Tails a welcome rest stop on your ride around the Internet. :)

4 comments:

cowgirljlynn said...

I am looking forward to reading some wonderful stories.

Greener Pastures--A City Girl Goes Country said...

That's a great idea. Positive. Have you read the Cup of Comfort series? A think they have one for horses. I think it's called "A Cup of Comfort for Horse Lovers." Similar kind of idea but in a book.

www.GreenerPastures--ACityGirlGoesCountry.blogspot.com

Pony Girl said...

What a really great idea! I will work on getting something together while I'm on my spring break...until then, too many report cards to write! :) Hope you had a happy weekend!

Cowgirly said...

Super- thanks so much. I just find there are days where I need humor and happiness... what I read often changes my whole day. I have loved reading the stories coming in so far, tales of cowgirls returning to riding after years away, stories of lost horses found, and tributes to horses, trainers and friends. It's super fun!