Monday, February 9, 2009

State of Confusion

This is Western Washington- we just don' get snow... but this year when- for the first time in my life I am in training with my horse and have to drive 40 minutes to get there, it decides to act like Colorado. OK, not quite that snowy- but enough to cause me some frustration.
You see, in Western Washington, winter goes like this-

rain

rain

rain

rain

hard rain

rain

heylookadaywithblueskies

rain

rain

rainsomemore

snow! quick, shut down all the schools and nobody drive- if you do be sure to crash into each other... everyone hurry to the grocery store and buy every candle in sight.


3 days later...

rain

rain

more rain

..until spring.

But not this year- we had record snow in December and several days since it has snowed overnight- just enough to delay and/or cancel school. More importantly, just enough to stop me from getting all the way up to my trainer's barn before work.


Yep, I go to the barn at o-dark-7 am to do a lesson before work. I usually get to work at 6:30 or 7, so the days I do a lesson and get in at about 9 am I feel very late! LOL Everyone else I work with comes in about 9:30 or so, so really it isn't that late.


Anyhow, this morning I had my bag o'carrots out, my change of clothes for work, my workout clothes (I will have to blog about me and the hubby's new workout routine. It will take about 1 sentence- meet at gym to do treadmill. LOL) and everything I need. I got up at 5, very excited... I love my trainer and I love my horse. I am bringing Zippy home to where I usually board at the end of February, so every single lesson between now and then matters to me.... but this morning I couldn't get there- slushy roads and terrible traffic and 2 kids with late school. Wah!


I am sure Zippy didn't mind, he probably snuggled back down in his stall and napped a little longer. Last week when I went to do a lesson on my lunch break on Tuesday, he was laying flat on his side practically snoring- lazy boy! I went in and he stayed laying down as he munched on the snacks I brought him (I always bring peace offerings).


Anyhow, my next lesson is Wed am, day after tomorrow. Fingers crossed that there is no more snow.
Here is Zippy waiting for me to put his bridle on at one lesson...

3 comments:

Carroll Farm said...

People are like that with rain down here. sun, sun, sun, rain - wait can we still drive, how do I drive, should I drive faster, oh look a puddle, lets speed up and drive through - what a flooded wash, I can still do it, so what if the water is 3 feet deep and I drive a TINY car.... I feel your pain.

Thanks for stopping by!

Lacy

cowgirljlynn said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I am new to this to so we make a good pair. Zippy is very pretty!A Cowgirls Grace

Greener Pastures--A City Girl Goes Country said...

Virginia is very similar to Washington. (My hubby is from Seattle.) But now that I am also in training, we are getting 8 inches of snow tonight and school was canceled.

I'd love to see a picture of your horse's whole body. He looks nice.

www.GreenerPastures--ACityGirlGoesCountry.blogspot.com