Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Heard the birds...

This morning I heard birds. Every year I wait and hope to hear the first birds of 'spring'.

Oh I know, the dang groundhog saw his shadow and all that but I heard BIRDS today and those birds have been silent (gone) all winter long.

How do I know? Well I fancy myself a very novice bird watcher. Meaning, I wouldn't know an endangered bird if it landed on my saddle and rode double with me down the trail but I can identify a few local birds and I love and appreciate them all with the same enthusiasm I do a fancy bird.

I have bird feeders on my deck, and out in my yard- and of course a hummingbird feeder by the kitchen window so the one hummingbird that comes every year can fly right past it. So I have seen a lot of our sparrows and some other winter birds for the past several cold months.

And the robins have been around more, which is a good sign. But this morning it was clear and bright and I heard what I know is those first birds of spring and no groundhog is going to tell me any different. :)

1 comments:

cowgirljlynn said...

I THINK THAT THIS IS A WONDERFUL IDEA AND AM LOOKING FORWARD TO READING EVERYONE'S STORIES!