Monday, July 27, 2009

Cushings

On July 16th my horse was diagnosed with Cushings. After spending countless hours researching it (and asking "why me?") I've decided to pour myself into helping others by sharing our journey on a blog.
I found that so many articles and sources of information were paid advertisements and while I am willing to read those I want to offer a place for people to learn from someone unbiased- me! I am just learning as I go along, shopping around for the best deals on medications, supplements and such and sharing what I learn.

I invite you to join Zippy and I in our journey- we've got a topic worth sharing and plan to blog regularly with photos to create a community of folks ready to beat this debilitating disease.

here's the link to our new blog, we hope to see ya there!

2 comments:

allhorsestuff said...

Thank you for being upfront and I am very sorry for the pain and suffering it may involve along the way. I will read and learn from you about this.
Really appreciate what you do for your horse and for us too~
KacyK

Tracey said...

Heading over to check out your Cushings blog. I'm taking care of an aged horse right now that I suspect has it, and cared for another aged gelding a few years back with it as well. It is definitely a difficult journey.

ps...I blog with my spurs on, too!